Housekeeper - First Shift
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Position Summary: |
Responsible for the daily housekeeping duties necessary to maintain the physical plant and resident areas in a clean, safe and comfortable manner in accordance with assignments and facility objectives. Accountable for all services performed, for adhering to standards and for promoting teamwork.
Sunday - Thursday
6:30AM - 3:00PM
|Duties:||• Performs all duties daily as assigned or instructed including cleaning dining rooms, resident rooms, public restrooms, mopping floors, washing window, etc.|
• As assigned, wash beds, wheelchairs, resident room furniture, walls, mirrors, etc.
• Performs terminal cleaning procedures, as instructed, when a resident is discharged, and/or transferred to another room.
• Follows established safety policies and procedures including proper daily disposal of refuse, proper usage of all chemicals and keeping work area free of hazardous and unsafe objects.
• Ensures that work and assignment areas are clean and that equipment, supplies, etc. are properly stored at all times and adequately secured at the end of the day. Report fire and safety hazards to supervisor.
• Ensures that an adequate supply of housekeeping supplies are maintained in carts and utility closes to perform daily tasks.
• Ensures that work and cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
• Always swipes key card going in and coming out of resident rooms.
• When cleaning apartments, the entrance door must stay open.
• All dirty linens should be kept in the linen bag on the cleaning cart.
• Vacuum hallways, lobbies, and in front of elevators every morning and at the end of shift.
• Ensures that established infection control and universal precautions are maintained when performing housekeeping procedures.
• One year experience in similar setting preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.