LPN/RN - Second Shift
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Nursing Services: Mease Continuing Care|
|Description:||Under the supervision of the Unit Manager, an LPN performs as a professional caregiver and assumes responsibility accountability for a group of residents for a shift of duty. Nursing care is provided through assessment/implementation/evaluation of the plan of care, adhering to the standards of care for area, managing the environment to maintain resident safety and supervision of the resident care activities performed by nursing assistants and helpers. Accountable for all services given and for promoting teamwork.|
3:00pm - 11:00pm
Includes every other weekend.
|Duties:||• Make frequent rounds of the unit to ensure CNA staff are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.|
• Work collaboratively with other members of the department in coordination of the resident’s care. Consistently works in a positive and cooperative manner with co workers.
• Effectively communicate residents’ changing needs and plan of care among staff members.
• Give and receive the nursing report upon reporting in and ending shift duty hours.
• Provide leadership to nursing personnel assigned to your unit.
• Chart nurses notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided, as well as, the resident’s response to the care.
• Perform routine charting duties as required in accordance with established charting policy.
• Complete required forms upon admission, transfer, and /or discharge.
• Transcribe physician’s order to resident charts, cardex, medex, treatment/care plans, as required.
• Administer medication accurately, as observed by the physician, observing resident response, as evidenced by documentation in the medical record and lack of negative outcomes
• Notify the unit manager of all medication and narcotic discrepancies noted on your shift.
• Assist with orientation of new personnel to assigned unit.
• Review care plans daily to ensure that appropriate care is being given.
• As directed, works on performance improvement and risk management activities.
• Minimizes slow periods with preparation activities to meet future needs of the department and/or resident (i.e., education, organizing, housekeeping, assisting others).
• Ensure your assigned work area (i.e., nurses station, med cart, medication room, etc.) are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner. Monitor supplies and submit request to order as needed.
• Ensure your units resident care rooms and treatment areas are maintained in a safe and clean manner.
• Ensure established safety, infection control and universal precaution guidelines are followed when performing duties. Ensure that hands are washed before and after performing any service for the resident.
• Perform limited I.V. Therapy procedures on those residents receiving peripherally inserted Intravenous fluids, as delegated by and observed by the RN.
• Verify the type of solution being administered.
• Evaluate the infusion site and the extremity for possible infiltration.
• Verify the intravenous according to the prescribed flow rate.
• Discontinue the intravenous at the appropriate time.
• Participate in staff development programs as required or assigned by Unit Manager.
• Demonstrates thorough communication with physicians and other responsible parties and staff members.
• Assists in ensuring the safety of staff, residents, and visitors by identifying potential safety hazards to immediate supervisor and following all emergency plans (i.e., evacuation, hurricane, etc.)
• Honor Resident Bill of Rights.
• Supports Mease Manor’s mission and vision.
• As a legal and moral responsibility, immediately reports all witnessed or suspected resident abuse, neglect, exploitation or misappropriation of funds to department director.
• All other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Valid license to practice in the State of Florida as a Licenced Professional Nurse.|
• At least one year experience in a similar environment preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.