LPN / Unit Manager - First Shift
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Nursing Services: Assisted Living|
|Description:||The Unit Manager oversees all areas of an assisted living unit. Areas of responsibility ranges from resident care, supervision of staff, department operations, etc. |
Monday - Friday
6:15AM - 2:45PM
|Duties:||• Accurately, prepares and administers medication passes. Documents activity as required. Passes all medications according to frequency of order. Administers medications following all policies with no deviation from written procedures. |
• Prepares and fills medication planners for appropriate residents.
• Acts as a liaison between residents, residents’ family and residents’ doctors.
• Notifies any occurrences and/or change in condition
• Schedules doctors appointments, lab appointments, xrays, etc. for residents at their or the physician’s request. Prepares appropriate paperwork for residents to take to doctors appointments as needed.
• Schedules home health support as ordered by physician or requested by resident.
• Receives lab, test, or xray results, within a timely manner passes the results on to appropriate parties and files in resident’s chart.
• While on duty, provides "on call" assistance for medical emergencies within Assisted or Independent Living.
• Completes monthly summaries on residents noting changes and appropriate vital signs, or as frequently as ordered by physician or Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON).
• Oversees the CNAs on the unit ensuring proper care is provided to residents. Assigns CNAs to resident halls at the beginning of each shift.
• Receives and gives end-of or beginning-of shift report communicating pertinent information on residents and occurrences.
• Conducts narcotic count at the beginning and end of shift. Notifies ADON immediately of any discrepancies or problems.
|Qualifications:||• Valid license to practice in the State of Florida as a Licensed Practical Nurse.|
• Two years clinical experience required.
• Two years of assisted living, supervisory, or unit management experience preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.