CNA - Flex Shift
|Department:||Nursing Services: Home Health|
|Description:||Works under the supervision and guidance of a licensed nurse (RN or LPN), the CNA is responsible for providing personal care and related services to residents. Work will include components of direct patient care, observation, documentation, and supplies, and general maintenance of the patient environment.|
|Duties:||• Follows the plan of care to provide safe, competent care to the resident.|
• Helps the resident maintain good personal hygiene and assists in maintaining a healthful, safe environment.
• Assists the resident with walking and assists with certain treatments as directed.
• Assists with the rehabilitation of residents according to the care plan by encouraging the interests and special aptitudes of the resident and encouraging residents to help themselves using their own capabilities.
• Gives simple emotional and psychological support to the resident. Establishes a professional relationship with the resident and resident’s family.
• Reports any observed changes in the resident’s mental and/or physical condition to the appropriate party.
• Works with staff of other agencies and/or departments involved in the resident’s care.
• Takes vital signs (i.e., blood pressure, pulse, and temperature monitoring)
• Charts notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided, as well as, the resident’s response to the care.
• Relays and/or receives resident report information to the next CNA on next shift.
• Follows established Infection Control, Universal Precaution, and safety guidelines.
|Qualifications:||• Valid Certified Nursing Assistant license in the State of Florida.|
• Six months CNA experience in a similar setting is preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.